July 11, 2017
Oscar Mayer Community:
Thank you to all who attended last night’s LSC meeting. It was great to see many new faces. For those unable to attend, here is an update on our Principal selection process over the past couple of weeks:
- We are finalizing the Principal Selection Advisory Committee. The Committee will be comprised of LSC members, the current President of Friends of Mayer, and staff members representing different areas within Mayer.
- We are creating a draft needs assessment of the qualities and experience required of the next contract Principal at Mayer. The final needs assessment will be approved by the Advisory Committee, the LSC, and our CPS Network Chief prior to posting the job opening.
- We are seeking input from staff, parents, and community members who wish to contribute to our search. An online survey will remain open during our process and soon we will send notice of “office hours” to create face-to-face opportunity for those who prefer a more personal delivery.
- Click this link to our survey.
- Since the probability of having a contract Principal in place for the start of the coming school year is low, the LSC is pursuing the parallel path of planning for an interim Principal.
Our next regularly scheduled LSC meeting is Thursday August 17th. However, we will likely call special public meetings before then to discuss Principal Selection updates as well as the 2017-18 Mayer budget. We operate under a compressed timetable during this time of year but we will email notice of these meetings at least 48 hours in advance. In the meantime, should you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me or any other members of the LSC at email@example.com.
Chairman, Mayer LSC