August 19, 2017
Oscar Mayer Community:
Thank you to all who attended our open LSC meeting this past week. Here is the latest update on the LSC’s Principal selection process:
- The Principal Selection Advisory Committee approved the Principal Posting Advertisement (job posting) required by CPS.
- CPS posted the vacancy for Mayer’s contract Principal. Currently, Mayer is one of six CPS schools advertising a vacancy for Principal. (I will update the number of schools conducting a search with each update as this number is fluid.)
- Per CPS rules, the posting must remain open for 10 business days. The first posting period has expired and we have renewed the Advertisement for an additional 10 day period. We are planning to renew these postings for an indefinite amount of time. We expect to receive resumes from the first posting period soon.
- In preparation for resume review and the rest of the search process, the Principal Selection Advisory Committee is participating in training sessions designed to provide us with a variety of viewpoints. We have already conducted a session with a long time CPS Principal and Principal mentor who has previous experience at Mayer. We hope to complete additional sessions with our Network Chief and a representative from the LSC Relations office in the near future.
- We are still seeking input from staff, parents, and community members who wish to contribute to our search. The online survey will remain open during our process. Here is a link to our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YY3MGTB
Our next open LSC meeting is September 14 at 6pm at Mayer. In the meantime, should you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me or any other members of the LSC at email@example.com.
Chairman, Mayer LSC