July 19, 2017
Oscar Mayer Community:
Here is the latest on the LSC’s Principal selection process and Mayer’s budget for the 2017-18 school year:
- After several meetings, the LSC has recommended to our Network Chief that Danielle Drayton assume leadership of Mayer on an interim basis. Danielle spent the past year at Mayer as our Resident Principal and has the support of Mayer’s current administration and staff. We are confident that Danielle will help create a smooth transition for the children at Mayer for the coming school year.
- We have finalized the Principal Selection Advisory Committee. The Committee will be comprised of LSC members, the current President of Friends of Mayer, and staff members on the Instructional Leadership Team (ILT) representing all areas within Mayer.
- We are creating a draft needs assessment of the qualities and experience required of the next contract Principal at Mayer. The final needs assessment will be approved by the Advisory Committee, the LSC, and our CPS Network Chief prior to posting the job opening.
- We are still seeking input from staff, parents, and community members who wish to contribute to our search. An online survey will remain open during our process and we will hold “office hours” at school to create a face-to-face opportunity for those who prefer a more personal delivery.
- Here is a link to our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YY3MGTB
- Here is a link to sign up to meet with members of the LSC on July 26: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0d4aabab2da31-principal
Regarding Mayer’s budget for the upcoming school year, we expect to receive our budget figures tomorrow. I will work with our administration to prepare a presentation prior to the LSC’s vote to approve the budget. We plan to hold a Budget Committee meeting Wednesday July 26th at 9am to preview the proposed budget and answer any questions. We also plan to hold a general LSC meeting Wednesday July 26th at 6pm. Both meetings are open to the public and will be held at Mayer. Final confirmation and notice of these meetings will be sent to the community in the coming days.
In the meantime, should you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me or any other members of the LSC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chairman, Mayer LSC