August 4, 2017
Oscar Mayer Community:
Here is the latest on the LSC’s Principal selection process:
- The Principal Selection Advisory Committee, along with community and Mayer Administration input, completed a needs assessment for Mayer. The needs assessment was then incorporated into the Principal Posting Advertisement (job posting) required by CPS.
- Our new Network Chief approved the Posting and CPS has posted the vacancy for Mayer’s contract Principal. Currently, Mayer is one of three CPS schools advertising a vacancy for Principal.
- Per CPS rules, the posting must remain open for 10 business days. After 10 days, we will receive the resumes submitted during the posting period. We intend to renew the posting so the vacancy will be advertised for at least 30 days.
- Here is a link to the CPS job posting for contract Principal at Mayer: posting. (Depending on your mobile device, you might need to open the link on a desktop).
- We are still seeking input from staff, parents, and community members who wish to contribute to our search. The online survey will remain open during our process. Here is a link to our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YY3MGTB
Danielle Drayton will assume the role as Mayer’s Interim Principal in September. To prepare for this role, over the past several weeks Danielle has been working daily with Administration on budget, staffing, and operational planning for the coming school year. When classes begin on September 5th and for the indefinite future, regardless of label, Danielle will be the Principal of Mayer and she will be given all the support and resources the position affords.
Our next open LSC meeting is August 17 at 6pm at Mayer. In the meantime, should you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me or any other members of the LSC at email@example.com.
Chairman, Mayer LSC